Important Things to do if your Dog Drank Bleach

Important Things to do if your Dog Drank Bleach

Chlorine or bleach is considered as one of the most common products that a homeowner has, but it is obvious that bleach is toxic for both pets and humans. This is one of the reasons why it is important to keep it out of reach of pets and children. However, if a dog owner is not extra careful and your dog has an access to this chemical substance and he swallows it, it is imperative that you act swiftly to prevent greater problems. Here, you will learn and know that important things to do if your dog drank bleach.

·        Once your beloved dog accidentally ingests bleach or any type of toxic substance, they may show various symptoms that typically depend on the quantities they consumed. According to some researches, the most common symptoms of dog poisoning are stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting and in severe cases, seizures, loss of consciousness and breathing problems.

·        If you notice that your dog drank any chemical substance, the initial thing to do is to bring him in a nearest emergency veterinarian regardless of if your dog does not yet have possible signs. Once your dog drinks bleach or chlorine, they immediately need medical care since only a professional veterinarian can perform stomach cleaning and ensure the overall health of your dog.

·        When your dog starts to exhibit possible symptoms before bringing him to the pet clinic or if the veterinarian is not near your location, you can use first aid measures for your dogs. Therefore, specialists recommend you to perform the following:

o   Don’t make your pet throw up. It is a fact that bleach is a corrosive substance and making your pet vomit could cause severe damage to their esophagus and at the same time can lead to burns.

o   The initial thing to do if you notice that your pet drank this chemical substance is to wash his mouth with water. In this way, you will combat the negative effects of bleach in this area.

o   Give your dog 30ml of milk. Milk will greatly help your pet to reduce the presence of acid in his stomach.

·        When you already perform these measures, bring your pet to the nearest pet clinic in your area to be treated with a professional veterinarian. If this chemical substance has affected the skin of your dog, it is called external injury. The best thing to do is to wash the affected area with cool water for about 30 minutes. After this, bring your pet to their veterinarian for thorough examination.

·        If you want to learn more information about dog poisoning and intoxication, browsing the web or conducting a research is a big help.

If you suspect that your dog drank bleach or chlorine, following the tips that are stated above can be a big help. As a pet owner, you are responsible to take good care of your pets and make sure that they are safe and free from any type of hazards that can harm their health.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

0
Connecting
Please wait...
Send a message

Sorry, we aren't online at the moment. Leave a message.

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
Login now

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online.

Your name
* Email
* Describe your issue
We're online!
Feedback

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?